As, it is Friday today, I think it could never be any better to give some supplementary information on how to follow certain guidelines and rules to get an intense smokey eye look as a beginner and also, I will be mentioning you with some tips and tricks here and there that could be very much handy when you try to recreate this smokey eye look by yourself. Plus, mastering the smokey eye is one of those essential makeup skills that every girl needs and getting it done correctly is another major achievement and hence, even though I am not an expert still I will be talking through some of the simple and easy steps to catch on which could faultlessly transform you to the beauty world of smokey eyes.
Recently, on the Magic Mike XXL’s London premiere, the 29-year-old Hollywood actress, Amber Heard appeared on the red carpet by wearing an eye-catching fiery red dress along with the stunning, smokey eye that looked absolutely flawless in all ways plus it was so intense too and hence, with that as an inspiration, I started myself to get a hang onto the smokey eye look and I wish to share the same with you as well.
Beginner’s ultimate key:
As a debutant, I agree that getting a smokey eye done as a pro is a difficult task but instead it could also be achieved if you are bold enough to take care of some of the ultimate key points which could easily take you straight to the final destination of smokey eye world. So, let’s see what are those important things to be noted down for:
- Have a sketch of smokey eye in your mind.
- Draw the eyeliner close to the upper and lower lash line first and sharpened the inner corner of the eye and then, make a nice extended flick that is slightly tilted upwards to the outer corner of the eye (you must be wondering why to do the eyeliner at first – the reason is, it can act like a base and makes the whole smokey eye look much simpler as these guidelines are for beginner and anyway, you get easily touch up the eyeliner again in the end once all the whole smokey eye look is completely done).
- Stick onto the eyeshadow concentrating around the eyelids as a lighter base so that you could effortlessly able to sweep through the darker shade from the outer to inner part of the crease section and in this way, you get the darker shade at the outer corner and the lighter shade to the inner corner of the eye.
- Try to get the smokey intense to the outer corner so that it projects your eyes to look bigger.
Products and tools used:
- Laura Mercier eye primer
- Maybelline NewYork color tattoo 24hr No.55 Immortal charcoal gel-cream eye shadow
- Maybelline NewYork travel size eye palette
- Maybelline NewYork master precise liquid eyeliner
- Maybelline NewYork the nudes eye palette
- L’Oreal Paris false lash superstar mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Brow Artist Shaper
- Eye shadow brush
- Blending brush
Step by step tutorial:
- Apply Laura Mercier eye primer all over the eye.
- Then, take the Maybelline NewYork color tattoo 24hr Immortal charcoal gel cream eye shadow and using eye shadow brush, apply it onto the eyelid lightly first and then, build up all across the eye lid later.
- Now, take the silver shade from the Maybelline NewYork travel size eye palette and using your fingers just dab it all over the eyelid so that it sets the gel creme eye shadow firmly.
- After that, take the Maybelline NewYork master precise liquid eyeliner and draw the line all across the upper and lower lash line with an an extended flick slightly sloped upwards pointing towards the outer corner and a sharp edge to the inner corner of the eye.
- Now, take the dark black shade from the Maybelline NewYork The nudes eye palette and using your fingers just pat it gently onto the outer corner of the eye and then, using blending brush, sweep across the crease line by buffing and blending several times to get a buildup of smokey eye look.
- Then, using L’Oreal Paris false lash superstar mascara, make a fuller looking million lashes look onto the upper and lower lash lines by making a statement of push, wiggle and stretch movements (here, I haven’t used the eye lash curler to achieve this look and also, it’s optional to use too).
- Now, using L’Oreal Paris Brow Artist Shaper, get your brow shaped as required.
- Finally, do some touch-up onto the eyeliner if anything required to finish off the intense smokey eye look (the picture of completed look is shown at the top of the post).
If you are a beginner, then, this tutorial might be a definite help to get the stunning looking smokey eye look.
Happy Friday all!