I always love a good quality mascara and from time to time, I vary range of mascaras from drugstore to high end and also, I keep one thing in mind to restore the luxurious branded mascaras for a special occasional use and the gorgeous wallet-friendly mascaras for a very versatile day-to-day use.
Tale Of Mascara:
Long before, the award-winning Eyeko London Black Magic Mascara served my lashes tremendously well for the whole of winter which not only aided to lift my lashes flawlessly well but also, it added a twist of nutritional aspects to my lashes which is in the form of Keratin (for lash growth) and shea butter (for lash moisture intact). Then came the sumptuously designer mascara which is none-other-than Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara that made a grant entry to add into my high end collection (in the middle of January). And with two step further, I just now landed onto the marvellous drugstore companion – Maybelline NewYork The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara.
Drugstore Mascara Hunt:
First of all, let me tell you how it all started. In the middle of February, I was shopping around Superdrug store and while I was carrying a basket full of so many beauty staples right from facial wipes to lip balm and from makeup brush to blush, I spotted this splendid mascara sitting next to the counter aisle that too on offer and immediately, it came right into my basket right away. Voila!
Having heard so many good reviews about its original version, I think, this time, I made a sensible buy. Look at the packaging! Isn’t it so gorgeous? I absolutely loved the funky colour theme running throughout the packaging which makes the mark of Maybelline NewYork’s 100 years anniversary celebration. Not only it looks so amazing with ravishing colours of blue, red, yellow, black and white but also looks absolutely stunning with the magical patterns of stars and stripes.
Moving along to its functionality, oh my! It has been designed to perfection with so many added features like the tapered shape of the brush, the varied length of the bristles which helps to capture maximum number of lashes in just one stroke and the ascending and descending length of the bristles which assists in sketching the lashes from roots to end. All-in-all, it is very impressive!
- Finish off all the eye makeup look before heading onto your lashes.
- Using Shu Uemura eyelash curler, curl your lashes effectively well.
- Take the mascara wand and apply two or more coats onto your upper and lower lashes by starting from roots to end and more importantly, always remember to make a push and wiggle movement onto the roots of your lashes for maximum volume.
- Intensify each stroke by applying the mascara coat both above and below the lashes.
- Make the last coat for final touchups so as to get a separate lash look and I’m sure by this time, your lashes will be defined and lifted well too.
- Last-but-not-least, this mascara gives a flake-free, smudge-free and clump-free lash look.
- Now, your lashes are ready to show off.
Have you ever used this product before and if so, let me know your thoughts on this product and as always, I would love to read them. Furthermore, don’t forget to read my tips on mascara and the link is right here.