If you’ve visited my blog regularly, you might have known the fact that I am quite a nail-art addict and if you are just like me, then, what kind of nail art theme would you choose? Is it glitter or confetti or stripes or polka dot or geometrical or ombre or patterns – which one is your favourite? If you ask me, I would say, I love everything since each and every nail art expose some kind of in-depth creativeness deep under to it and that’s where, this time, I landed onto a Striped Polka Dot Nail Candies. So, let us see how to achieve it.
One another interesting point to be noted down here is, it is a great themed nail art for short nails as you must have known that short nails love vertical lines as they tend to project your nails to look longer and also, it is great for all types of nails too. Moreover, this nail art is so easy to recreate and what you all need is a perfect steady hand to keep a control on your fingers while stroking with nail varnish onto your nails. Hence, herewith, I have used three nail enamels which includes L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Addictive Plum and Essie Nail Lacquer Naughty Nautical and white nail polish from Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit. These nail shades are quintessential for this kind of manicure as their consistency is so great and brings a clean tidied streaks of line when drawn onto your nails while creating the desired look.
How to create Striped Polka Dot Nail Candies?
- Start the procedure with freshly cleaned and washed nails.
- Apply a layer of base coat onto your nails and allow it to dry.
- Stick the tape onto middle of your nails vertically so that it covers half of your nails effectively.
- Apply two coats of L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Addictive Plum onto one half of your nail and allow it to dry each time after application.
- Now, take off the cellotape.
- Then, put the cellotape to cover the painted part of your nails (Note: make sure your nails are completely dried off at this point) and then, repeat step 4 with Essie Nail Lacquer Naughty Nautical.
- After that, take off the cellotape.
- Now, apply dots onto the middle of your nails using dotting tool along with white nail polish from Sally Hansen French Manicure kit.
- After drying, finish off your nails by applying a layer of top coat onto your nails and allow it to dry off completely.
- Tips: If you are literally a steady handed person, then you don’t need to use the cellotape but instead, paint each half of your nails with two different colours.
Plus, I hope you would also try this manicure in near future at your home.