So, how many variations are there to interpret nail candies? Yes, there are so many different ways including french manicure, dark shades, neon shades, pastel shades and a whole range of nail art designs. Anyways, It’s Monday today and the weather is so dull and gloomy outside and I think, it is a quintessential time to get your nails polished and lacquered with spectrum of pale enamels. As we all know, pastel shades are an exemplary way to bring back summer straight to your nails that is clean and cool in each and every way. And hence, with so many options to hunt for this season, today I will be chatting along with you by demonstrating how an addition of one single step could completely transform and bring an instant oomph to your pastel nail candies.
Now, here comes the valuable question: Why nail salons stock up pastel shades? There are so many ways to answer this question and herewith, I will be mentioning a few of them and let us see that in detail now.
- Pastel shades are literally defined as seasonal and in particular, these shades are quite popular during the months of Spring and Summer.
- Pastel shades has the capacity of uplifting your style sense with a real feel of true elegance.
- Pastel shades are so versatile and invariably very well adaptive as it is ideal to wear either for a long stroll beach walks or to bring an urban chic look while wandering around the city or to spend a day out in a country farm and whatever may be the location it fits with the locale flawlessly.
- Pastel shades are meant to give a quick, clean and tidy look immediately and hence, it is great on its own either if you opt for a relaxed look on a lazy Sunday afternoon or for a preppy look when it is accessorised with designer outfits and accessories.
- Pastel shades aren’t only for manicure alone but also, it is perfect to be worn as a pedicure albeit and the only thing that is to be noted down here is that you need to look for a right kind of footwear (silver stilettos and tan sandals are awesome for pastel hued pedicure) as not all the footwear can go comfortably along with these icy pedicure.
Recently, I bought the french manicure kit by Sally Hansen and I have been waiting for so long to use it and hence, with a little bit of exploration, today I started to use the white nail polish from the french manicure kit to create the pastel nail candies and by now, you must be wondering why am I using the white nail polish? and what is the necessity of using the white nail shade when I want to recreate the pastel shade instead? And to answer this, let me explain briefly that white nail shades are similar to a foundation that stands as a base for makeup and also, white nail polish is useful to make the pastel shade to stand out well. Moreover, while the pastel shade sits on top of the white base, the hue and the texture of the nail candies are multiple times stronger and powerful and that’s the reason, why I selected white nail polish as the base shade.
How to create a nail spa inspired pastel nail candies?
- Start the procedure with the freshly cleaned and moisturised nails (I used coconut oil as a natural moisturiser onto my nails).
- Then, apply the Boots essential base coat onto your nails to give a nice even out coverage to your nails.
- Now, apply the white nail polish from the french manicure kit by Sally Hansen to your nails.
- After that, apply two coats of pastel blue shade from the No.7 nail polish onto your nails.
- Then, apply the Boots essential top coat onto your nails.
- Now, using the cotton bud that is dipped with nail polisher remover, clean all over the outer circumference of the nails.
- Also, don’t forget to dry your nails each time after application of new nail shade onto your nails.
- Finally, the crisp pastel nail candies are ready to be shown off.
Note: If you want to know the quality of the base and top coat from the Boots essentials, then you could faultlessly catch up onto my other tutorial of creating confetti nail candies that is right here.