Recently, on the BET awards, Nicki Minaj and Rhianna went for a fabulous cat eye look on the red carpet, where the first one went for a dramatic eye look and the latter for a stellar eye look and in both ways, their representation of cat eye is so exceptional and absolutely unique and gorgeous in their own ways. So, with that as an inspiration, yesterday, I began working on with some of the different eye looks which are easily wearable and also, a festive favourite too and that’s where I ended up with this beautiful, dual-toned cat eye look and I should say, I am totally loving it at the moment and hence, I thought of sharing the same with you. So, let’s get started.
As we all know, 70’s theme is incredibly rocking at this time of the year with all of the incredible people out there including celebrities, street stylers and fashion show catwalk models and also, the concept of blue hued eye look is also incredibly trending right now which also got hooked up by ever green fashion lovers and hence, myself, while trying to recreate my eye look, I was quite determined to incorporate all the current trend of 70’s essence to it and that’s why, I ended up with this electric cat eye look, which I could call it as a blue blended cat eye look.
Why did I choose blue colour?
If you are old enough, you could effortlessly be able to recollect the past by going back to a flashback of 70’s fashion or otherwise, you could reach to the ocean of 70’s fashion destination either through films or internet and when you look keenly onto the eye makeup, which is the apple of a makeup, you could easily see the famous ladies there wearing ravishing tints of blue that was slathered and smeared all throughout the eye and that’s the reason, I opted for the shade, turquoise, which is light and vibrant shade which could also tick all the boxes of fashion, style, statement, trend and electric.
What is cat eye?
Many women out there think that cat eye is a tricky subject that is hard to deal with. But, I think the other way as it is super easy to master and of course with a bit of practise as well, which I completely agree on. So, how to achieve a cat eye in an easy way? The surprising part is, it just only takes three easy steps which are:
- Firstly, draw the outline by starting from the inner socket of the eye and taking the line straight tilted to the point that is quarter of an inch below to the end of the brow (you can’t go wrong if you take this point right).
- Then, bring a line from that point to the end of the outer socket.
- Then, fill the gap with the desired eyeliner.
That’s it, the job is done. And, girls – it is that easy peasy and if you get incorrect at the first time, don’t get frustrated and just give up but instead, keep trying and I am sure in your third or fourth turn, you will be a pro. So, try wholeheartedly and after that, it is yours.
Recreate electric eye look:
- Start off the routine with the well cleaned, washed and moisturised face.
- Then, just dab a bit of Laura Mercier eye primer all over the eye.
- Now, take a neutral toned eye shadow onto the eye lid and crease area and here, I went for a neutral shimmery eye shade from the Maybelline NewYork travel size eye palette.
- After that, take the Maybelline NewYork Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner and make an outline of cat eye shape.
- Then, take the turquoise kohl pencil from the Barry M Cosmetics and fill it in the first three-fifths of the cat eye.
- Now, fill the remaining space with the black eyeliner.
- Then using L’Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar Mascara, apply the lashes with lash primer no.1 brush and then follow it by the thick coat of black mascara no.2 brush and apply it nicely to the upper and lower lashes to give a fuller lash effect.
- Finish off the routine by shaping your eyebrows with L’Oreal Brow Artist Shaper.
Now, your eye look is ready to show off.
Have a fabulous Sunday all!