At this time of the year, fashion and beauty takes centre stage when it comes to hairstyles and they are now, getting so popular than ever. Even recently, all eye-drooling and jaw-dropping moments has happened when Sienna Miller and Poppy Delevingne opted for braids instead of straight, sleek hair in the Hollywood star-studded event, the famous, Cannes International Film Festival 2015. That’s why, in here, today, I want to share with you about my version of Parisian-inspired, low-maintenance hair up-do, side-braided french plait, which can effortlessly transforms you as this season’s true fashionista.
Preparation is the key for any kind of braid and this is also not in exception. I reckon to do this braid with a two or three days old hair but in here, I did it with freshly cleaned and washed hair and in either way, the same result can be achieved and its entirely up to your level of comfortability. Besides, considering volumnising texture as the base element, add a few sprays of dry shampoo to the roots of your hair, which instantly lifts your hair with softer, thicker and more manageable hair, which is quintessentially helpful to achieve what you want to do.
Essentials that you need:
- Hair band or scrunchies
- Bobby pins
- Jewelled pins
- Dry shampoo
- Hair spray
- This hairstyle looks great on all kinds of hair. With curly hair, make the plait as loose as possible and with smooth, straight hair, make it as a little tight plait.
- To get a perfect finish to your hairstyle, make the section of the hair same each time while you take and by this way, the completed plait looks more neat and tidy.
How to do?
This beautiful easy-to-do, side-braided french plait can be defined as a normal french plait that starts from the fringe all the way down to the end as the side braid. Apparently, this versatile hairstyle involves just a few steps to follow and the entire procedure does chronologically need under less than 10 minutes to finish off the whole plait. Yeah, it’s that easy peasy. So now, let’s see how to do.
- Firstly, take the side parting either to the right or to the left as per your wish.
- Then, start working along to the less-parted hair and take a small bunch of three-stranded hair from the beginning of the perimeter of your forehead.
- Now, go a little below and incorporate an-inch section of hair from both sides each time and continue the braid and repeat this process again and again until you reach to the side of the nape of your neck.
- At this time, you will be left with the end of whole three-stranded hair and now, finish the step of braiding as a normal plait straight down and tie off the ends and leave it to rest on your shoulder.
- Now, with your own decision of making a tight or loose plait, work accordingly by either pulling or stretching your hair here and there to get the desired look.
- Then, choose the area where the bobby pins need to be secured for any bits and pieces.
- And finally, finish off the side-braided french plait by adding a few spritz of hair spray all around the back of your head to avoid any fly overs, which leaves your hairstyle with an elegant look.
You can recreate and append more glam look by adding a pretty bow to your finished hairstyle OR accessorize your plait with an added glittering effect by pinning around a few jewelled pins along the middle portion of your plait.
- This Spring/Summer inspired hairstyle keeps you stay and look cool.
- Keeps you away from the flat-iron throughout the summer.
- This look can be easily transitioned from day to night.
- It leaves your hair with a no-heat, beach waves for the next day, which saves spending any extra time in getting ready.