Can you guess a food which you can make it as a circular disc in a frying pan and in the end, you could either flip it or toss it?
Right Guess: Yes, off course, it’s Pancake – The delicious food which is adored by all types of people from young to old, girls to boys and men to women.
Pancake is made in different forms in various parts of the world and officially, people celebrate Pancake Day once in a year. In 2012, a team made World Guinness Record by staking 60 large pancakes as a tower. For me, whenever I wish to make pancake, that day is a Pancake Day. So, let’s get flipping with the world popular recipe…..
Recipe to make Light and Fluffy 9 mini pancakes:
- 2 Large Bowls
- Frying Pan
- Balloon Whisk
- Large egg – 1
- Milk – 100 ml
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Self – Raising Flour – desired amount to make slightly thick batter
- Butter – a few knobs
How to separate an egg?
- Break the egg gently into two in the middle.
- Try to hold the egg yolk in one shell with few egg white in it. Transfer the egg white from the other shell into a bowl.
- Then, slowly swap the egg yolk from one shell to the other to remove the egg white from it. After that, immediately transfer the egg white content little by little while swapping the egg yolk into the shells.
- Now, finally, you would be able to see a shell containing only egg yolk.
- Then, transfer the egg yolk to another bowl.
- This process will be learnt by practice. Also, it is the most essential part to make fluffy pancakes. So, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
- Add milk, vanilla essence, salt and sugar to the bowl which contains egg yolk and mix it nicely.
- Using balloon whisk, whisk and beat it heavily to make a fluffy and light egg white. Now, keep that aside.
- Now, add the self-raising flour to the egg mix slowly some at a time as you need to achieve a slightly thick consistency.
- Then, using spatula, spoon one half of the fluffy egg white to the flour mix and fold it gently. Then, add the remaining half of the egg white and repeat the same process by without breaking any air from the egg white.
- Now, it is ready to make pancake.
- Rub a knob of butter on the pan and wipe it with clean kitchen towel so that the pan is lightly greased.
- Using spoon, make little pancake discs on the frying pan. When bubble starts to appear on the top, flip the pancake on the other side and it only take seconds to cook after that.
- Now, the pancake is ready to be served and add a few knobs of butter on the top while it is warm.
- Serve it either hot or cold.
Happy Pancake Making!